Monday, April 30, 2007

More Texas

Yesterday afternoon Bobbie came over for a couple of hours, and then we went to visit Buddy and Florence. Buddy has lost about forty pounds, but he was actually in much better shape overall than when I saw him last fall. He started a conversation as soon as we came in and talked to us the whole time. This afternoon Mama and I dropped in on Christine for a while. Tomorrow I have lunch planned with Rusty. Whew!

We are supposed to be getting thuderstorms later this evening. Is has started growing darker, so I guess it is about to happen. Oops! There went the first thunder. I am cooking dinner, and I had better go check the rice....

Later: The thunderstorms stopped for now, but we spent a long time on the phone trying to figure out why my mother's new cellphone (they switched from Sprint to Cingular/AT&T) would let her call out but not receive. Whatever the problem was, it finally got resolved. Daddy got particularly frustrated trying to wend his way through an endless circle of instructions in Spanish and English telling him which number to punch next, but we finally got through to a human being -- a pleasant person named Mindy Miller. It took way too long to fix, IMHO, but she was very sympathetic and courteous. I am sure hers is a thankless job. No one calls her up to say they are happy about their phones, right?

No comments: