Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Busman's holiday

It has been an incredibly busy week at the R&GN. Tomorrow morning Tom and I head to Green Bay for a couple of days, but it will not be a total break. One thing we will do is visit the National Railroad Museum and check out, among other things like the I Like Ike train, their shop to get ideas.

We also plan to visit a state heritage park and just relax away from everything else for a couple of days. Once we get back on Saturday, it will be back to busyness. We expect a group of 200 (yes, two hundred) to show up about four o'clock Saturday afternoon to take over the place for a retirement party for a (real) railroad employee. I'm not sure yet if this means I get to go home early or if it means I will have to work late. (I'll bet you can guess, though!)

So here's to a visit to Green Bay, but without an homage to Lambeau Field and the Packers. Sorry, Brett!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Have fun!! And RELAX!!!!!

Vincent said...

Have fun in Green Bay! It is nice to read something about Green Bay and not have it be dominated by football talk. I have been there once in my life, and it was as I thought....Relax and enjoy!!