Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Fool

Well, I am back. Not April Fool, either, although no doubt still pretty foolish.

I won't say that all the dusty mental bits are blown clear but enough to make a return desirable. 

While I was away we had a couple more snowfalls and one small ice storm, but they melted quickly. I am happy to report no snow on April Fool's Day. And that image is not mine -- we never had that lovely a snow event this winter.

We expect a high of 68 today [20 C.] Not bad! But a high of 46 [7.8 C]  for Good Friday and only 49 [9.4 C] for Easter Sunday.

We made a day trip to Viroqua, a charming little town in the driftless region of Wisconsin, the part of the state that was not scraped off by the last glacier. Nothing was leafed out and green, but that meant you could see the shape of the land even better -- lots of hills and valleys, winding roads and rock outcroppings. Viroqua itself boasts an enormous used book store housed in an old tobacco warehouse, cold and cluttered but filled with treasures. There are a number of art and artisan shops in town as well, and we enjoyed ourselves.

I removed my computer links to a number of blogs and news sites that I no longer find enjoyable, at least not enough to visit daily. With the free time that results from not visiting those places, I got some writing done on Wacky in WhoVille. I also finished my small part of looking over a manuscript for someone else and passed along my suggestions to him. I'll say a bit more about that tomorrow.

Plus things like doing laundry, washing the car, setting the robot mopper to clean the basement floor and the kitchen and living room, finishing up the paperwork for Medicare-related business, paying bills and so on. 

And there's this:


G'Day!
You've earned the New Zealand badge
You've walked 990 lifetime miles—the entire length of New Zealand. And while that country's native bird the Kiwi might be flightless, you, my friend, are really taking off.
I passed the 1,000 mile mark on the Fibit on March 23, two days after I earned the New Zealand badge. If the weather gets better and stays better, who knows how far I can walk? 

And at some point in the last 10 days, this blog passed 120,000 views. I don't know if that means people read it more when I am not writing ...

I continue to tutor and volunteer at the library and recently helped a friend move a lot of stuff from storage into his house. All relatively healthy and good things.

That's it for now. Just wanted to say I am back and it didn't take until summer to get here. Hope you have all been well. I will be catching up on reading personal blogs the next few days and leaving comments there as I am moved.

I've missed you!


No comments: