Monday, June 28, 2010

It's flying ...

Well, here it is Monday morning and I am getting ready to start the work week. There will only be two of us at the library for the first three hours this morning, which should make it nice and hectic. Normally I work 11:45 to 8:15 on Mondays, but today I traded hours with Kris so she could do something or other. As a result, I work 8:30 to 5:00. Better hours -- even though the morning will be chaos.

The rest of the week will be fairly busy, too. Tonight I will have to put together the treasurer's report for the district. That meeting will be in Baraboo after work Wednesday evening. Most months I just do a one-page summary, but this is the quarterly report, meaning in addition to the summary, it will include the detailed spreadsheet for the year-to-date. I have to do the work tonight because tomorrow is my long day -- work 8:30 to 7:00. Not that it is exactly high finance!

Somewhere in the next couple of days (I hope this afternoon after other people show up to work), I want to finish my draft of the monthly library newsletter. It is already roughed in, but there is a major empty space to fill and a couple of dates to verify. The director was out for a couple of days at the end of last week, and I could not check with her then. I'd like to fill the big empty slot with a report on the bookmobile going WiFi -- especially since we got an honorable mention in the State Journal from Madison over the weekend. It seems that the libraries there are watching us to see how this works out. Hey, we're a cutting edge kinda bookmobile!

Tom's daughter Lucy and her boyfriend are coming up for the July 4th weekend, and Tom has to attend a couple of parades as part of his volunteering for our local state assembly rep's re-election campaign. So although I will be getting a three-day weekend, it will have its own busy-ness.

Meanwhile, the bookmobile and everything else will go on.

And I do need to decide which shirt and tie to wear and get a move on.

Later!

No comments: