Tuesday, August 14, 2007

You have to kiss a lot of frogs ...

Yesterday was a mouse day. The cats brought one in and played volleyball with it until I got it away from them and disposed of the body. Later Cassidy cornered a little fat one behind the door into the laundry room but lost interest when I moved the doorstop so she could get at it. I had to take care of that one all on my own.

When we went over to give Peggy keys to the house last night -- in case she or Rich ever need them or if we can't find our own -- Tom noticed a large birdhouse sitting by the garage. Peggy said it was the martin house and she was half hoping some mice would move in. I told her to come leave it in our living room for a while and she would get the mice.

Last night we had another thunderstorm, and this morning when I woke up, I found a frog in my room. I can't figure out how it got in unless one of the cats brought it. However it got here, it seemed not much worse for the wear, so I let it out back and it went its way.
---------------
That is a National Geographic picture of a mouse riding a frog in an Indian monsoon.

No comments: