Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Who killed Cock Robin?

When I got up this morning, I noticed what looked to my half-awake eyes like little chunks of dark foam or some sort of material on the carpet and scattered into my bathroom. Both Cassidy and Sundance like to stretch out on the carpet right at my doorway and claw the carpet while I rub their respective bellies. I thought maybe one of them had finally done some damage, but then I saw that the stuff was feathers.

Tom reported that Cassidy had brought in a sparrow and distributed bits of fluff generously around the whole house before he got the remains scooped up. I suppose I am lucky that it wasn't worse. Cassidy was in bed with me when I woke up, lying across my feet. At least she hadn't brought any prey into bed with her.
------------
That is clearly not Cassidy in the picture. She hasn't been that sleek for years!

No comments: