Wednesday, January 28, 2009

More on Huntsville connections in the Dells

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, we took a friend to the airport in Madison to catch a plane to visit someone in Texas. Last week he was over for dinner and reported that he had enjoyed his stay in the Lone Star State. For one thing, he got to eat great Tex-Mex food. His friend lives in the Dallas area, but one day she drove him down to Houston. He commented that it was a boring drive, but that he did see a huge statue of Sam Houston. I pointed out that the statue is just a few miles from where I grew up. I don't think he was particularly impressed, but hey! It's a connection, right?

BTW, a new Mexican restaurant is supposed to open soon in Baraboo. I'm sure it won't compare with any Mexican food in Texas, but we'll have to give it a shot.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

LOL @ "A big statue of Sam Houston". I guess when you see it a billion times, you don't even think about it. Its so random and out of place, in my opinion. Just on the side of a highway.