Friday, November 21, 2014

Weather

Lately it has been very cold -- down into the single digits at night, with daytime highs in the teens or low twenties.

I am not sure whether to mention it. It sounds like I am either complaining or boasting. And neither of those is very attractive.

On the other hand, it is supposed to get a bit above 40 this weekend for a couple of days.

And rain.

A delightful and unfailingly kind friar I once knew would sometimes find himself part of a conversation that was becoming awkward. His solution was to smile broadly and say, "Well, we sure are having a lot of weather lately."

We sure are having a lot of weather lately. How about you?

2 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

We tried getting sympathy when my sister-in-law told us the temps had gotten down to -13F in her home state of South Dakota. She said it was only around 13F yesterday. I told her we had also had temperatures in the teens. Yesterday was only 19, for example. She reminded me to add the "C" after it and then told me to shut up.

Ur-spo said...

where I live is an absence of weather - monotonous daily sunshine and predictable temperatures. A cloudy day or a rainy one makes headlines.