Monday, September 20, 2010

September born

Sept birth

The Carmelites used to refer to July as the month of Carmel because there were so many Carmelite saints whose feastdays fell in July. I am beginning to think September is the month of birthdays.

I am sure I am missing somebody, but so far this month these friends and relatives have had birthdays: Matthew Dauphin, John Dauphin, Tom, Jason, Daddy, Laura (library), Carl (library). Among folks from my past, both Randy and Vickie Clark were born in September. Steve Payne celebrates his ordination this month, too, which is not exactly a birthday but should be counted, I think.
Ted,of course, barely misses September, being born on October 1, as was Kathy, the lady who works with me on the bookmobile. And then later in October, more birthdays and another anniversary ...

And the Carmelites, of course, celebrate a bunch of October feastdays, too. Seems the partying never stops somewhere.

No comments: