Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Update [maybe]

Steve Payne, who recently celebrated his ordination anniversary, answered my congratulatory card and tells me that another OCD friar was dispensed from his vows and the priesthood recently. Steve suggested that I contact the Provincial again to see if he could get my official status resolved while the process for doing so is fresh in his mind. Accordingly I wrote the present Provincial, with whom I have corresponded and spoken about this several times in the past, to see what he wants to do. I haven't heard from him yet, but it has only been a couple of days. John, God love him, tends to view things suspiciously unless he initiates them, and he may want to think about it before he does respond. Or he may want to consult with his council before replying.

I will keep you informed.


My situation, BTW, is not the same as the other friar who got dispensed, and it may turn out that John will still not know how to proceed with my case.

2 comments:

Greg Burke said...

Michael, I hope all goes well with you.

Greg Burke said...

Michael, I hope all goes well with you.