Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm baaack!

I got back last night from Texas. I had a nice visit with my parents, my brother Ted and sister-in-law Cynthia, my niece Kristin, her husband Vince and their lovely baby daughter, Miss Brinkley. An aunt picked me up at the train when I arrived and a cousin and her husband took me to catch my return train, so I got to visit with them, too.

The train trip was pleasant, except that I left my wallet on the train when I got off in Texas. Well, everyone needs a little drama in life, right? The good news is they found it at the next stop and sent it back on the next train. So that was all over in a matter of hours. (Don't ever, EVER do this, okay?)

I have today off to catch up on things and rest up before heading back to the library tomorrow. So I will do some housecleaning in preparation for Tom's foster son and his daughter who will arrive for a visit tomorrow. I will shop and cook dinner, too, since Tom is spending much of his day at the little railroad, plowing snow. Because it never stops snowing in Wisconsin.

We had snow in Whitehouse while I was there over the weekend, and East Texas is totally unprepared for it. But it didn't last long enough to create problems. That picture is of icicles melting off the palm trees by the Barnes & Noble. Yup, palm trees. So much for winter storms!

No comments: