Saturday, January 22, 2011

Things you learn by reading other people's clothing

This past week I picked up a faux retro Green Lantern t-shirt, a bit like the one my hero Sheldon Cooper wears on The Big Bang Theory. Yesterday, I wore it for casual Friday at the library, over a long-sleeve t-shirt, à la aforementioned Dr. Cooper. Alas, unlike Sheldon, I do not have an actual Power Lantern nor a Green Power Ring and I do not, even in the privacy of my own room, ever, ever, EVER recite the Green Lantern oath (Hal Jordan version):
In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light.
At any rate, a middle-aged Ho Chunk man who comes to the library all the time commented that it was a nice t-shirt. I thanked him and he opened his jacket to show me his t-shirt. It said, "Stereotypes are great time-savers."

As Sheldon Cooper would no doubt say, "Bazinga!"

For what it's worth, I also picked up a Sheldon Cooper t-shirt that says Bazinga!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Both of these shirts rock! You are a lucky, lucky man.