Sunday, August 28, 2011

More Sunday Fun (?)

So after I finished the earlier post and went outside to see what Tom had decided, he was examinng the front door and deciding it needs to be touched up. (No question about that.) Then I pointed out that the whole entry way looks terrible -- dirty siding, dead bugs, spiderwebs, a coffee can filled with cigarette stubs on an unpainted bench alongside an assortment of clippers and garden spades. This led to some discussion of power washing and the next thing I know, I am taking the carpet shampooer down to the basement and looking for the wet-dry shop vac.

The wet-dry shop vac turns out not to be in the basement but in the garage. What is in the basement is a mess by the litter box. The cats have apparently found the new kitty litter wanting and have taken things into their own hands by thinking outside the box. And doing other things outside the box, too. So Tom begins working on the entry way and I begin cleaning up the cat's mess. I have to agree with them that the new litter is not up to standard. It is sandy in texture, does not clump adequately, does not absorb all the moisture of the cat by-products deposited there and seems to be no discernible help in the whole odor department. But of course that may be blamed more appropriately on all the by-product splashed around the box without benefit of the litter at all. For those of you who want to avoid this brand, it is sadly misnamed Cat's Pride Scoopable. It is guaranteed safe to flush, but you might just want to skip the middle person and teach your cats to use the toilet directly if this is your only other option.

Here is Tom totally not power-washing the entryway and siding but doing things the old fashioned way with sponge, hose and soap.

Now you may wonder why all the photos of work actually happening are pictures of Tom. To this I make the following points.
  1. I am holding the camera, and therefore it is natural that the pictures are of someone else.
  2. Do you really want to see pictures of me scooping up cat by-products?
  3. My work is keeping a record of Tom's virtues for all to see and appreciate.
Make sense?

The other librarians constantly point out to me that Tom spoils me, and I cannot deny this. But I am the one who scooped up the cat by-products, and surely that counts for something. And to show my appreciation, I promise to compliment Tom on the wonderful dinner he will no coubt prepare for me later this evening.

Eat your hearts out!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

*giggle* No doubt........Shared responsibilities. After Cleaning up after the cats(and I agree- Cat's Pride Scoopable is at the VERY lower end of the list-I always liked Fresh Step multi-cat- Having said that, I Sometimes mixed the two because I liked the odor control of the FS, but the cats preferred the consistency of the CPS )

We had a pressure washer for our siding on our house- more times than not it would tear the siding OFF the house when we tried washing it. So I preferred hand washing ours. It was actually a very therapeutic job the hand washing.:-)

Kristin said...

You are rotten! I love it. You deserve to be spoiled. You're too cute not to.