Sunday, September 25, 2011

Michael Potter

Kristin recently went through a lot of old family photos with Mama and sent a bunch of them to each of us in the family. Included in my batch was a photo taken when I was a novice in 1974 at the ripe old age of 24. A friend who was majoring in photography at the local state university wanted to take my picture for a portrait class and posed me for this in the Episcopal church in Huntsville. It used to hang in Daddy's home office until he replaced it with a picture of him with his arm around Dolly Parton. (Sniff!)

Anyway, the ladies at the library all said that I look like Harry Potter in this picture. Well, I did once write a little story for Kristin in which I was a wizard ... though not a very competent one.

4 comments:

Sunny said...

Hmmm......the resemblance is eerie.
Sooo, my question to you is.........what wood is YOUR wand made of?

Mine's made of Holly ...with a fluffy chocolate center!!! :-D

Kristin said...

I remember that!!

I love this picture of you. I kept some to hang in my house that I loved too.

The best photos are the ones where you & my dad are posing and you're the perfectionist sitting straight up, smiling just right, eyes open.

And then there's my dad beside you...clouched, rolling his eyes, and making a face.

:-)

Jeffrey said...

Cool picture! Huntsville in which state?

Michael Dodd said...

Huntsville, Texas, of course. Which was named for Huntsville, Alabama.