Thursday, October 18, 2012

No H8! An admonition for all times


Hatred does not cease through hatred at any time. Hatred ceases through love. This is an unalterable law.
Buddha (c. 400 BCE)

Where there is no love, put love, and you will draw love out.
John of the Cross (1591)

Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that despitefully use you and persecute you.
Jesus (Matthew 5:44) (A.D. 30)

There is a saying: If you hang around a barber shop long enough, you're going to get a haircut.

If I spend my time listening to messages of hate, I will begin to hate.
What do I listen to all day?

I cannot control what others say. I can control what I listen to.

It is not enough to "not hate." I must "put love."

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;  it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.  Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Paul of Tarsus (A.D. 54)
 

No comments: