Friday, December 14, 2012

Because my mind works this way while it is waking up in the morning ...

Back in the day, one of my favorite television programs was Zorro, in which Guy Williams played Don Diego de la Vega, who disguised himself all in black to fight corruption in Spanish California. The character was based on a creation by pulp writer Johnston McCulley in 1919, and has appeared in numerous films and television shows. The name our hero gave himself, Zorro, means fox in Spanish, which makes for a good name and also allows the distinctive Z that Zorro slashes into those he has bested.

But this morning for some reason, I was thinking that one word for skunk in Spanish is zorrillo, which could also be interpreted as little fox.

Does that mean when Don Diego was just a boy, he was Zorrillo, the skunk, and that he did not slash a Z into their shirts but splashed them with a really cheap cologne?

Like I said, that's just the way my mind works in the morning.

No comments: