Saturday, February 16, 2013

Wacky Wisconsin winter weekend

Not all that much to tell so far (Saturday night). Friday morning my computer decided to act up. The mail app on Windows 8 was refusing to open, and after trying the recommended solution, more apps failed to open. We left it trying to refresh and went down to Madison to help with the set-up for the Riverside & Great Northern shop at the Mad City Model Train Show. They didn't need much help, but we pitched in a little and offered some moral support. We hope they do well this weekend, because this is the only income-producing event between the end of October and sometime in April.

We had wanted (well, I had wanted) to eat at an Indian buffet, but they were not open when we went by and we had Chinese instead. Chinese is good, but we can get that in the Dells area. Indian is a treat we have to get in Madison. After that, we did some shopping. Tom bought a Ralph Lauren denim jacket (apparently brand new, but at a thrift store), some shoes, art supplies and a book. On the way home we stopped in Baraboo to pick up kitty litter, kitty snacks and woodpecker suet at Menards. We stopped at Culver's so Tom could have their walleye dinner and I could have a salad with grilled chicken breast. Quite good, actually. Back home I got the computer back to normal, sort of, or so I thought.

Today (Saturday) I went in for a couple of hours to volunteer at the library. They were having a busy day, though I don't know why. Tom held down the fort here until I got back, and we went to Wally World later in the afternoon so I could pick up a couple of prescriptions and he could do some grocery shopping. The store didn't seem particularly crowded, but the checkout lines were long. Not unusual for a Saturday afternoon, I suppose.

Then this evening I discovered I needed to reinstall Office 2010 on the computer. Fortunately I had done this once before and it was not difficult nor too time-consuming. Tom, meanwhile, is watching NASCAR, a sure sign that spring is on the way. He is rooting for Joey Logano, of course.

I think Tom has plans to meet with a friend for lunch and a chat tomorrow, so I will have to find something to entertain myself. I should do some writing ...

We expect a low of 4 (-15.5 C) tonight with a high tomorrow of 27 (-2.8 C). Monday morning I have an appointment for an oil change. So the weather prediction is for rain and snow.

On, Wisconsin!

No comments: