Tuesday, March 5, 2013

When all else fails, read the box?

Tom has an eye doctor appointment tomorrow. (They shoot him in the eye. Yes, IN the eye.) So he is not in the mood to do much of anything the rest of the day. I will be driving him up to Mauston and back. Fortunately the snow storm we got was at the small end of the forecast, and travel should not be a problem.


I plan to cook something for dinner tomorrow to make things a bit simpler for him, and I was considering rice or spaghetti as the starch. In looking at the whole grain spaghetti box, I discovered that if I cook the whole box, this should make four portions according to the cooking directions. In the Nutrition Information box, however, I am told that the box contains 7 servings.

Obviously a portion is not the same as a serving.

Hmmm.

Now I am not sure how to interpret the information on the rice!

No comments: