Thursday, September 5, 2013

Part of the cure ...

As we find ourselves once again pondering military interventions, I happened to run across this today in a context totally unrelated (?) to the political questions before the nation and its citizens. It struck me as worth pondering. There was no attribution, so I do not know to whom the creidt goes.
Spiritual progress is the law of your being. Try to see around you more and more of beauty and truth, knowledge and power. Today try to be stronger, braver, more loving as a result of what you did yesterday. This law of spiritual progress gives meaning and purpose to your life. Always expect better things ahead. You can accomplish much good through the strength of God's spirit in you. Never be too discouraged. The world is sure to get better, in spite of setbacks of war, hate, and greed. Be part of the cure of the world's ills, rather than part of the disease.
 

What am I looking for? What am I listening for?

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Things that make me happy and content. That's what I'm looking for. And I can usually find something in the black clouds that can be counted as a silver lining and make me smile.