Saturday, July 19, 2014

Follow-up on Fear

I did one thing I fear today: I made reservations for us to go to Door County in September. This is the sort of thing that can drive me crazy. I research lots of places and read reviews and fret about costs and the fact that they only have a 90% satisfaction rate and such foolishness. And what if the weather is crummy? Yada, yada, yada.

Plus Tom and I, who have lived happily together for a decade, are not the best traveling companions. We have different approaches to such basic things as traveling. I want to get where I am going. Tom wants to wander around the highways and byways on the way. I am more about the destination and he is definitely about the journey.


Still we should enjoy the break. We have reservations at the High Point Inn in Ephraim. There are lots of things to do in the area. To quote from the Village of Ephraim's self-promoting website:
The picturesque Village of Ephraim is nestled in the heart of the Door County Peninsula. Settled in 1853 by Norwegian Moravians on the tranquil shores of Eagle Harbor, Ephraim takes pride in its Scandinavian roots. Ephraim’s rich heritage has been carefully preserved in more than 30 historical sites throughout the village, 11 on the National Register of Historic Places. 
Plus Ephraim has the most accessible shoreline of all the Door County communities. I doubt we will want to go into the water in late September, but it should be good for brisk walks along the beach. And there is an indoor pool if we need to swim. There is a state park nearby and Door County is famous for the galleries and interesting shops.

No comments: