Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tuesday tasks

While my volunteer readers are working their way through the novel, provisionally called Benjamin's Tale: A Life in Six Books, I got down to a few other tasks this morning after Helen headed back to Minnesota to escape the snow we expect this afternoon. 

I made a bank deposit, paid bills and submitted some corrections to Wicca in WhoVille. Despite the diligent efforts of the copy editors at Pileated Press, Titivillus changed Ellen Prime's name to Helen on a few pages and taunted readers by saying that Leif had a "confused look on his faith" instead of on his face. Those devilish changes will now be corrected in future print and Kindle versions. Those of you who have the original versions will want to hang onto them. They will be valuable in the future as proof of demonic activity.

I also looked at my notes for Wacky in WhoVille. With Benjamin this close to completion, I don't want to get involved writing another book. I need to keep the Benjamin project's momentum going. I do, however, want to keep the Wacky idea in my mind so that it can percolate and continue to grow. I am pleased to see how much of the story arc is already laid out. If only writing the full text were so simple!

My throat feels a little scratchy, which is not a good sign. I am going to go take some cold medicine in the hope that this may nip anything in the bud. I have tutoring tomorrow and don't want to cancel again, having done that last week.

So medicine and a nap while snow falls outside! One or both of the cats will come cuddle and keep me warm, I'll bet. Sweet!

No comments: