Friday, May 22, 2015

Good and bad

Today while volunteering at the library, I talked to a woman I helped last year with a book she was publishing. That was her second book, and she told me she has started work on a third. Things are on hold, however, because of scheduled hip surgery. Her previous works were spiritual reflections, but she plans to try the National Novel Writing Month project in November. It will be her first attempt at an extended piece of fiction. Good for her!

After getting back home and throwing a load of clothes in the washer, I did some more work on Wacky. I feel good about what I wrote. It did not move the story line along much, but it does flesh out one of the new characters in (I hope) a humorous way.

Here it has been a lovely day, darkened only by my reading about what I can only characterize as a gross injustice done to another blogger by his employer. He is looking for another job now, and I commend him to your thoughts and prayers. Add him to the list of Michael's friends in need of support!

Finally I hope your own day has been darkened not at all and that your holiday weekend will be memorable. Here in the Dells, Memorial Day weekend is the beginning of the busy tourist season and the hordes are probably descending even as I write this.

No comments: