Sunday, March 6, 2011

Taxman

Would you trust this guy to do your taxes?
[That's a photo of Tom taken when he was editor of the newspaper at Ripon College where he was an undergraduate.]
This morning he did my taxes for me, federal and state, as he has done every year since I moved back into the income-tax-paying sphere. It is always a bit more nuisance than one would think for someone like me who is not in anything remotely approaching the higher income brackets. This year was a little better, my library job, one last check from the railroad, one last check from the Carmelite Institute, royalties from the sale of some books and interest on certificates of deposit. Next year it should be even simpler -- the library, interest and a few royalties (with luck.)

Anyway, thanks muchisimo, Tom! I know there were other things you would rather have done with those couple of hours.

Oh, yeah! I am even getting refunds.

No comments: