Monday, February 20, 2012

Mystery of the missing DVDs

Back in November when we were doing shopping for the holidays, I noticed that seasons 3 and 4 of The Big Bang Theory were on sale at a great price. Although Tom had purchased my gift for Christmas -- a very nice leather jacket to replace my old one -- he wanted to get the DVDs for me, too. (I already own the first two seasons.) I suggested we buy them and then he could hang onto them and give them to me for my birthday in May. He agreed, the DVDs were ordered, shipped November 28, arrived safely and put on my bookcase temporarily.

While we were wrapping other gifts, I noticed that the DVDs had disappeared. Tom assured me he had gone ahead and wrapped them and stored them safely away. Not sure exactly where, but we would probably find them when we were cleaning up after the holiday visitors.

At any rate, we did not find them when cleaning up after the holiday visitors. We have looked high and low, in closets, under beds, in the basement, in the boxes where the Christmas things are stored, in the boxes where the autumn things are stored, in the boxes where ... Well, you get the idea.

I doubt anyone took them home by mistake. Tom says they were wrapped and they were certainly not unwrapped when we did the gift exchange. And I assume anyone arriving home with an unidentified package in wrapping paper would call to see if we knew what the story was. So it remains a mystery.

Of course, they can always be replaced, but you know the Frugal Twins. The DVDs have already been paid for once and it seems wasteful to order another set when we may still uncover the original ones. As my birthday gets closer, we will re-examine our options.

Meanwhile, do you think Tom has hidden them in the gun safe and is just jerking my chain? A classic Sheldon prank?

Bazinga?

No comments: