Monday, April 8, 2013

Life getting too serious?

Although not actually in the Hippocratic Oath, we associate the following direction with that and other medical principles: First, do no harm.

I would paraphrase that to meet the needs of most people today: First, watch no cable news.

And here are some other random bits of advice for making life a bit more fun. I admit I got them off the internet, but isn't that what a net is for?

  • On the other hand, you have different fingers.
  • 54.3 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
  • 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name. [Tom, of course, is in the 1%.]
  • I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
  • Honk if you love peace and quiet.
  • Remember, half the people you know are below average.
  • Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
  • The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
  •  Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow. [I actually got this one in a fortune cookie.]
  • Always try to be modest, and be proud of it! [Or as a classmate at Michigan State used to say, "It makes me proud and just a little bit humble."]
  • If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.
  • If the speed of light is 187,000 miles per second, what's the speed of dark?
  • Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
  • Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film in the camera.
  • I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.
  • Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?

No comments: