Saturday, April 6, 2013

Peter and Jennifer

Peter and Jennifer arrived last night around 9:30, tired from their trip from Chicago. Tom had made a Greek salad with grilled chicken, and we visited while they ate. I went to bed first and I think everyone was tucked in by eleven or so.

It is 7:30 as I write this, and we expect workers to arrive at 8:00 this morning to futz around in the basement all day. Their arrival will probably wake the guests and Tom can make us all a wonderful breakfast. Peter and Tom thought it would be a good idea to take Jennifer to the railroad this morning (although I can't say she looked all that excited about it), but there may be rain to make it less fun riding the scooter out to see where snow is still piled up. Tom is supposed to go to the railroad this afternoon to help Gil with an engine, and Peter and Jennifer will head down to Madison for roller derby activities. I will hang around the house as long as the workers are here.

Supposed to get up into the mid-50s, so that plus the rain should help get rid of more of the white stuff patches that are still scattered around.

Beyond that, who knows?
---------------
Yesterday I had to wait around all day for a call from the doctor's office to schedule a colonoscopy. (Nothing good in that sentence at all, is there?) They called at 3:45, just before I had to leave for Town Hall to witness the opening of one absentee ballot and finish up the paperwork for the election. The good thing of the day was that I got my state income tax return in the mail. I had already received the federal return. Between the two of them, I can pay for two months of health insurance and have a bit left over. Ain't life grand?

No comments: