Sunday, December 29, 2013

Resolutions?

I was watching a vlog about top ten resolutions and the one I liked the most was:

Say No! to drama.
"When someone says something dramatic to you (or in the press), let it go. Your reaction is always a choice."
Gonna give that one some thought.

FYI if necessary: A video blog or video log, sometimes shortened to vlog (pronounced 'vlog' or 'v-log') is a form of blog for which the medium is video, and is a form of web television. Vlog entries often combine embedded video (or a video link) with supporting text, images, and other metadata. Entries can be recorded in one take or cut into multiple parts. The vlog category is popular on YouTube.

FYI if necessary: Metadata is "data about data". The term is ambiguous, as it is used for two fundamentally different concepts (types). Structural metadata is about the design and specification of data structures and is more properly called "data about the containers of data"; descriptive metadata, on the other hand, is about individual instances of application data, the data content. Metadata are traditionally found in the card catalogs of libraries. As information has become increasingly digital, metadata are also used to describe digital data using metadata standards specific to a particular discipline. By describing the contents and context of data files, the quality of the original data/files is greatly increased. For example, a webpage may include metadata specifying what language it is written in, what tools were used to create it, and where to go for more on the subject, allowing browsers to automatically improve the experience of users.

FYI if necessary: I am not going to tell you what a browser is. Google it!

FYI if necessary: What does Google it mean? Okay, I give up ...

Hmmm. Maybe a resolution about patience is in order, Michael!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

You defo made me chuckle with this one!!! I know exacrtly how you feel, Michael, My almost 80 y/o mom went out and bought herself a webcam for her laptop and wanted to video skype with it last night. I asked her if she had installed the software for it. She didn't have a clue and wanted me to walk her thru it. I would have gladly done- had she known where the disc drive was to insert the installation disc. Lawd. It's BAD when people come to ME for IT advice. I'm almost a newb myself, but I do know the basics of my machine.
Bless em.