Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Well, not quite.


Today I wrote the ending (more or less) of the novel. 

That most certainly does not mean I have finished it, but when I sat down to write, an ending came to me and I wrote it down before I forgot it. I already knew how the story ends -- that is, I know who did what and why and all that. And I wrote an ending to the shorter version that I completed some months back. The overall arc of the story is the same as in that shorter version, but it needed a stronger ending. Now I think I have that.

Which means that there is only one chapter -- okay, make that two chapters and the thing will be completed. Then another read-through and edit. And then another read-through and edit. And then ... at some point Tom will tell me I am just tinkering and need to stop.

I am not there yet. But I am moving along.

No comments: