Saturday, December 4, 2010

Chag Hanukkah Sameach

I apologize for being a bit late to wish a happy Hanukkah to my friends this year. I was aware of it beginning December 1, but somehow let the days slip past.

So I hope you are all enjoying lighting candles, spinning dreidels and noshing latkes!

For your enjoyment (?), here is a sort of Texas holiday song for you. (This is not a very good quality video, but it has its moments.)



And for those of you who are not familiar with the dreidel song, here are traditional lyrics:

I have a little dreidel
I made it out of clay
And when it's dry and ready
Then dreidel I shall play!

Oh - dreidel, dreidel, dreidel
I made it out of clay
And when it's dry and ready
Then dreidel I shall play!

It has a lovely body
With legs so short and thin
And when my dreidel's tired
It drops and then I win!

Oh - dreidel, dreidel, dreidel
I made it out of clay
And when it's dry and ready
Then dreidel I shall play!

My dreidel's always playful
It loves to dance and spin
A happy game of dreidel
Come play now, let's begin!

Oh - dreidel, dreidel, dreidel
I made it out of clay
And when it's dry and ready
Then dreidel I shall play!

1 comment:

Sank said...

I think it caught all of us by surprise this year!!
Thanks for thinking of us.