Monday, December 13, 2010

I will survive! As long as I've long johns to wear, I know I'll stay alive!

It is minus 4 (-20 C) at 6:30 this Monday morning, and we have survived the first blizzard of the year with relative ease. No power loss, although the DirecTV disc had to be cleaned a couple of times. No trees down, the roads got plowed and so on. It will be pretty cold all week, and Kathie and I will certainly be cold out on the Bookmobile. But we will run the heat and wear long johns. I can sport my new D&Y faux fur trapper hat that Rich and Peggy brought me back from Canada. With my red HRC scarf, it will complete my Snoopy look.

Tom did a heroic job of snowblowing the drive and sidewalk yesterday, and tomorrow he will head over to the railroad to clear up over there. He and Dick had planned to do it today, but Tom is expecting delivery of a couple of computer components and he has to be home to receive them.

At any rate -- paraphrasing Miss Gloria Gaynor -- we will survive.

No comments: