Sunday, April 10, 2011

Greenies

Although it might not be apparent from this photo of Tom's daughter Lucy in her roller-derby-queen persona of Beth Amphetamine, she is a real pet lover. She adores her pit bulls, of course, and she always brings a treat and a toy for Sundance and Cassidy when she visits. At Christmas, she brought them a bag of Feline Greenies, healthy dental treats to keep their teeth and gums healthy.

While the house was filled at Christmas, the cats were too distracted to respond fully, but since then they have become total Greenie addicts. As per directions, I give each cat a half dozen or so bits in the morning and again in the evening. Now they come whining to get me out of bed or they follow me around to make sure I don't head to work before doling out the treats. They have learned that Tom refuses to participate in this. As soon as I get home from work, they are after me for their eveing portion. And then they wander around all evening, staring hopefully at the shelf where the bag is stored, hoping that another handful is coming soon.

The cats have access to food all day long if they want it, but the treats float their feline boat, apparently. Even as I write, Cassidy is sitting on the floor beside me, trying to force me through mental telepathy to open that bag.
Pick up the bag, Michael! Pick up the bag! Shake the bag, Michael! Shake it! Now open the little tab ...
Crazy cat!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Ahhh...yes, Greenies. My dog, my 2 cats, and my mom's 3 dogs are all Greenie addicts. LOL