Sunday, March 25, 2012

Doctor's visit

I had my annual checkup on Friday and that went well. The doctor was particularly pleased that I have kept my weight steady. I lost 30 pounds between my checkups in 2010 and 2011, and I have maintained that. He had put both of us on a low glycemic eating plan, and since Tom does almost all the cooking (except for my breakfast and lunch -- lunch normally being leftovers from dinner the night before), his wonderful and carefully balanced meals have made it much easier for me to be good.

The better news for me was that this led the doctor to take me off a blood pressure pill AND to take me off another pill that I was taking to counteract a side effect of the blood pressure pill. He took me off a third as well, which made me very happy. I had been intending to ask him what I could do to reduce my reliance on meds, but he did it before I had a chance to ask.

I also got some shot they give people my age to prevent shingles. This is a one-time deal, I think.

I will get a report next week on my lab work. If the numbers there are good, I will see if I can get off the cholesterol med next go-round. The thyroid (my thryoid gland is practically dead in the water) and gout meds I will be stuck with forever, I guess.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Isnt it nixce to get GOOD news from the doctor??? Congrats on the weight loss and the numbers!!!