Monday, April 9, 2012

Back in Near-Icelandia

Got back yesterday afternoon. I had a great visit to Texas, saw most of my (immediate) family and helped Mama with a few things. My trip back was uneventful, and I am happy to report no bad weather- or construction-related delays along the way. I listened to audio books as usual, one on the age of Shakespeare, one on the Incas and parts of a long one on literature and life. Enjoyed them all, especially the last, which dealt with a number of writers I have not read.

When I got home, the cats were waiting for a treat (naturally) and Tom was waiting with a treat -- one of his great Chinese meals. I went to bed early and read, then slept for about nine hours and woke up to cats demanding their morning treat (naturally), which Tom had already given them. They are trying to change the treat schedule to a few Greenies every quarter hour, but we are resisting.

Anyway, today I will rest, do some shopping for lunch stuff and get ready to go back to work. It was 60 (15.5 C) and windy when I got here Sunday afternoon. Right now (7:30 Monday morning) it is 37 (2.8 C) and overcast. The good news is that it will climb to 52 (11.1 C) before dropping tonight to 28 (-2.2 C). Tomorrow the high will only be 39 (3.8 C), but at least it won't be snowing or tornadoing or any such weather drama.

Sundance was just sitting meowing at the door onto the deck, wanting to go out. When I opened the door, she poked her nose out, realized it was cold and changed her mind. Sic semper cattis!

No comments: