Sunday, April 29, 2012

Shoes and serendipity

(For those who don't do Facebook or who do not see me there):

I have been looking for some shoes for a week or so. Found these Skecher Effectives online ... but don't like to order shoes online because the sizes are so unreliable. And could not find them anywhere locally, even though Kohl's carries some Skechers and there is even a Skechers outlet at Tanger. The Skechers site said they were in stock in my size at one store in Madison, so today we headed down there.

No luck.

I tried a couple of other stores in the same shopping center, not expecting to find the Skechers but hoping to find an acceptable alternative.

No luck.

So we went to DSW nearby, and surprise!
They had the Skechers ...

but not in my size.

Instead I found these Bass Buchanons on clearance as well as the pair of charcoal gray Chucks below. Good deal!

While waiting to get into the first store, we went into a books store, Frugal Muse, which turned out to be a great discovery. There was a Bed, Bath and Beyond there, too, which gave me a chance to stock up on some Keurig decafs that I cannot find locally.

It is not the nicest weather for going for a ride today, but the trip turned out to be a success pretty much all around. So feeling good. (Except for the sore throat that started last night, but that's another story.)

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Shoe shopping is my fav pastime....and Purses. OMG- Just call me Imelda(altho my shoe collection isn't NEARLY as big as hers...Or Carrie Bradshaw- altho my shoes arent nearly as Pricy as hers-but I save up for the ones I REALLY like.
And yeah- I can find oodles of soes i like- but not in my size.....and OUTLETS are AWESOME- no matter WHAT the weather.
:-)