Monday, June 4, 2012

Nookify [UPDATED]

(I googled nookify and found nothing, so perhaps it is my neologism, all my own. I did find bookify ...)

I nookified my mystery novel late Saturday night. What that means is that it is now available as a Nook book -- an e-book -- through Barnes & Noble online. After it showed up on their page today selling for the same as the hard copy, Tom suggested that I drop the e-book price since people get nothing except the reading of the book. I said that is all they really get with the actual book, but he pointed out that they can use the book as a paperweight or something useful after they read it, assuming they do read it. So I dropped the price for the e-book, but the change will not show up online for another day or two. As it turns out, my royalties for the less expensive e-book are within a few cents of the royalties for the real book.

I plan to nookify the other two books later. Not that I am expecting much action in this regard. But it is fun to know that somewhere out there, beneath the cyber sky, my words are sitting in binary code on a server. Sheldon Cooper would be proud.

UPDATE: This afternoon I nookified the Gratian book. That just leaves the Elijah book to go.

No comments: