Monday, March 3, 2014

Fear

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.
~ Madame Curie

Madame Curie was the first woman to be awarded a Nobel Prize (Physics, 1903) and the first person to win two when she was awarded the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1911. The photograph is an official portrait made on the occasion of that second Prize.

I ran across a reference to this quote in a comment a friend posted on another blog. It speaks volumes.

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

Wow!
This is one of my favorite quotes, which I learned when I did a paper about Marie Curie in high school. I have quoted this throughout my life. I am glad to find someone else who knows it.

Moving with Mitchell said...

A very power statement.