Sunday, March 16, 2014

Por los caminos de Teresa


In an earlier post, I mentioned that I was waiting for the arrival of a Spanish volume I am supposed to check against an English translation. The book arrived some time ago, but I only received the English version this past week. So that work is beginning. I have already done the work on the captions, but that needs to be entered on the Word document. I have only started checking the main body of the book. This is not translation work, hardly even editorial work. But I am finding it interesting. Back in 1978 my companions and I visited twelve of the seventeen monasteries featured in the book. Not all of the original buildings are there, but we did see the original locations and were able to visit with the nuns in most cases. It was a memorable journey, much easier for us in cars than it had been for Teresa in carts and on foot!

This is a beautiful book, by the way. In the best of all possible worlds -- which publishing seldom occupies! -- the English version will be available this summer. If you are at all interested in Teresa, you will be able to get it from ICS Publications. Click here for their website. The book will show up there eventually, but there are plenty of things you may find interesting now. (Including a few volumes to which I contributed, back in the day.)

I am working around an increased library workload (two days now instead of just two hours, filling in after health reasons forced one of the staff to retire unexpectedly), a guest in the house this week and then a trip to Texas (the one I was not able to make in December, thanks to the weather) to see family. All that should keep me out of too much mischief. ;-)

No comments: