Saturday, January 25, 2014

Picture Yourself @ the Library

Today we had our annual Open House at the library. The theme was Picture Yourself @ the Library. We had a lot of good activities, everything from euchre to free photos, sandwiches and cookies, eReader tips (my post), a scavenger hunt and such things. Those who came enjoyed themselves, but we are always disappointed that we don't get a better turnout. The local paper gives us lots of advance publicity and we do all we can to make people aware of it, passing out flyers, putting up posters.

One woman told me today how impressed she was to discover how many things are available through the library. "It's a shame people don't know more about it," she said.

"That's why we have the Open House," I told her.

"Yeah, people don't know about that, either," she said.

The director said maybe out problem is that our advertising assumes people read, at least that they read a newspaper or read flyers. 

Could be true!

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

As a boy I loved going to the library; I fancied myself working in one. I miss them.