Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Odd

1) I had a strange dream last night. Kristin visited and had Jackson with her. She looked very tired, and Jackson was talking away and crawling around eating everything he could find on the floor -- for some reasons, cookies and pickles.

2) Sold a few more books.

3) Had a run-in with an older gentleman last night, who may have had one too many beers. He chewed me out for parking the bookmobile in its assigned spot in front of the library. He was agitated that it was going to be on the wrong side of the street for snowplowing. I explained that after the library closed, we moved the bus under the entrance canopy to leave the street clear. (In our new expansion, we will have a covered off-street parking spot all the time.) We don't park it there during business hours because it blocks the pull-through. He was not convinced and assured me he was going to report me/us to the police. I sure hope they remembered to move it when they closed last night!

4) Had a postcard from Portugal from Cris and Idris. Those two sure get around!

5) Occasionally someone I don't know tries to post a comment on the blog. In most cases, these are fairly innocuous and I let them go through. If they are of a purely personal or negative nature, however, I do not let them show up here. For that matter, I don't post comments even from friends and relatives if I think the language or topic is not appropriate for a blog intended for my family, especially out of respect for my parents. If I have an email address, for the poster, however, I will respond if it seems called for. On the other hand, if you don't like what I and others say here (?) or don't approve of what I or others believe, it might be better for you to use your time reading something you will enjoy or that might inspire you. Thanks!

1 comment:

Sank said...

Well, I haven't posted in while, but assured I read your blog every time you post. One of my favs..