Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday Update

This past week at the library was rather hectic. The woman who normally helps with the bookmobile was out of town babysitting her grandkids, which meant one of the other librarians was supposed to accompany me. leaving the on-site staff one short. Then Jim (the other guy librarian) called in sick a couple of days, meaning I went out one day without anyone and the library was still short of staff. My time on the bookmobile was fairly calm, but the time at the library itself was full.

I had coffee with my friend Barry today and got him interested in volunteering at the library. He figures it will make his wife happy because it will get him out of the house. And we can always use the help.

The Elijah book has had a small bump in sales this past month. Not sure why, but it's nice to see. Meanwhile both copies of my mystery at the library are checked out at the moment, which is also nice to see.

Tom and Peter and I went to Baraboo tonight for dinner and then shopped Farm & Fleet before hitting Tanger Outlet Mall. Peter had never been there apparently. The Disney Store at the mall has Perry the Platypus stuffed animals (as well as Phineas and Ferb), but I resisted the temptation to buy. Otherwise the most interesting thing we say was a Polo Ralph Lauren camouflage jacket. Peter and I wondered what it would say about someone that he would wear a camouflage jacket from Ralph Lauren.

I got my lab reports back from the doctor and everything is normal and stable. That's the first time in recent memory that anyone has said anything about me is normal and stable. I doubt it will last.

And that's about it. Tomorrow is Palm Sunday. The schoolkids will have off all week, which means the bookmobile will be quieter but the library will be full of kids.

I guess it never ends.

No comments: