Saturday, June 4, 2011

Belated birthday gift and others

Tom was away for my birthday, but yesterday I received a t-shirt as a belated gift. It arrived with some others I had ordered myself. Shirts and/or slogans as below:

Mine is red/maroon, not orange. Even though orange is the new black.
It Gets Better is a program to fight the high rate of suicide among LGBT teens. They are more than three times as likely to attempt suicide as their heterosexual peers. The program includes Youtube videos posted by celebrities, politicians, sports teams, artists, musicians and just-plain-folks -- gay and straight, religious and not, liberal and conservative -- to reassure and encourage kids at risk.
Now that even our library circulation system is web-based, some folks have started referring to us as cybrarians: a person whose job is to find, collect, and manage information that is available on the World Wide Web. Which is where I found that definition.


It's June. "Hey, batter, batter, batter! Swing!"
'Nuff said.That last one is very descriptive of me, even in my pre-librarian days.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

LOL- LOVE it- especially the last one!!!! ;-)

Michael Dodd said...

Well, you know me ...