Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend, book sales and deer days

Tom was in New Jersey this weekend for David and Rebecca's wedding, which according to his reports went very well. (Mazel tov!) He's due back late this afternoon.

I worked Saturday, all day because the library was having the first book sale of the year. I picked up a couple of books for Tom and a few for myself, as well as a set of videotapes on Native American nations, narrated by Kevin Kostner. These were still in the shrink wrap and the seven-tape set was two bucks. We still have a VCP and I look forward to watching them.

Yesterday I did some shopping. On the way back, a doe and fawn crossed the road in front of me right at the property line. Very cute.

Then this morning when I opened the deck door to let Sundance out, two does were in the back yard, nibbling on the deer grass Tom left unmowed just for them.

Today is a late work day -- until 8:15 tonight. I only work an eight hour shift (ten hours tomorrow), but getting home for dinner at 8:30 makes it seem endless.

On the other hand, I get to wear my librarian-original-search-engine t-shirt today, so that will be fun.

No comments: