Monday, February 17, 2014

I am happy to report ...

I made some progress on the novel today. Sometimes it helps to be snowed in!

I am expecting to receive something from the Carmelite publications office any day now that will require me to put other projects aside for a while. I don't think it will take too long, but until I start I won't know. Next year is the 500th anniversary of the birth of St. Teresa of Avila, and in her honor they are putting out an updated version of a very nice photo book first produced in 1982, the 400th anniversary of her death. My task will be to go through the Spanish text of the updated version to see what (if anything) needs to be changed in the English text from that 1982 edition. The book is more photographs than text, and someone else will be checking the captions for the photos. All I have to do is the text in the body of the book

I have mixed feelings about this sort of work. I hope it doesn't take too long, but I do get paid by the hour ...

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

She is one of my favorites; some of her writings are down right erotic.

Moving with Mitchell said...

I would love to get paid for that kind of work. I keep doing it for free!