Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Avian invasion

 Today we saw our first hummingbird as well as a female scarlet tanager. Still waiting to see the beautiful male.

At one point, there were six orioles squabbling over the remnants of the orange sections I had put out -- two females and four males. We usually only get passing glances of the orioles, so this was exciting. Tom wanted to take a photograph, but by the time he was ready they had scattered, of course.

The white squirrel put in an appearance this morning, too.

Quite the day for wildlife!
-------------------------------
On an unrelated but happy note, last night I completed (I hope!) my work on the Carmelite project.

2 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

Oh, how I miss seeing these wonders in my backyard!

Ur-spo said...

We have lots of hummingbirds here in AZ; I mean to feed them each year but it is a lot of work, alas.