Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday so far

It has been a fairly productive day, even though I did not use a To-Do list. But I did something, then something else, some more stuff and ...

I got my mother's gift for Mother's Day ordered and shipped. I also got her card signed, addressed, stamped and mailed. She  should get the gift mid-week. The card, on the other hand, may not get there in time for Mother's Day, mail between the Dells and Whitehouse being what it is.

I got my driver's license renewed. That went pretty fast and with no hassles. Thanks, Baraboo DMV office!

I got about a third of the final (hope, hope, hope!) work done on the Carmelite project.

I downloaded the materials for week three of the five-week online course I am taking for my library job and started reading through them. I also did the quiz for week two and sent it in. I got a fast email telling me I made 100%. (Not that hard when you can look up the answers.)

Tom started work on some paintings he is doing for Rebecca and David and the twins' new house. The process he uses for these painting is messy and wet, so he built a sort of tent studio outside rather than mess up the floor in his basement studio. I wanted to get a photo of him at work, but he had taken it down before I got a chance. Maybe later.


Bird news: Peggy told me a couple of days ago that she had seen the first hummingbird of the season and a male and female rose-breasted grosbeak. I thought I had seen a female grosbeak but not a male. Then yesterday I saw a male and female at the bird feeder at the same time, and they have been around a lot today. I saw my first oriole in the back yard today. I put some oranges out to try to lure it back. No hummingbirds yet. We no longer put out a hummingbird feeder because the trumpet vines, once they bloom, attract all the hummingbirds we need.

Tom tells me that while he was sitting out on the deck reading, a small bird came and perched on the toe of his work boot and stayed for a while. How Disney-esque!

1 comment:

Moving with Mitchell said...

Whew! I don't know about you, but I'M exhausted!