Sunday, August 16, 2009

Body pillow

Cassidy loves my body pillow. (She looks grumpy because she does not love having her picture taken when she is trying to nap.) She comes in and pushes at it for a while, looking for milk, or so I have been told. Once she is convinced that there is no milk forthcoming, or that she has tenderized it enough to satisfy her, she leans up against it and goes to sleep.

She does this sometimes at night or early in the morning when I am in bed. She crawls over me to get to the pillow, sometimes doing her kneading act on my leg or stomach before settling down to punch the pillow.

Life is rough when you're a cat.

I share this picture and non-story because, although I wound up with a day off from work today so that someone else could make up a day she missed, the best laid plans ganged agley as they aft do. We had hoped to get into Madison, but the weather was rainy and threatened thunderstorms and we passed it up. Of course, once it was too late to go, the storms passed us by completely and the sun came out. Had we gone as planned, things would have ben fine.

Life is rough when you're not a cat, too, sometimes.

I did use some of the time to prepare for work on my next novel. My goal is to complete the first draft in a month, once I get started. Hey, it's a goal.

No comments: