Monday, August 31, 2009

Pert near, but not plumb

I don't know where I heard it -- or if I made it up -- but the definition of "nigh" is pert near, but not plumb.

Labor Day is nigh, but it sure ain't here yet.

Today we did little business at the little railroad that could, and I expect it will be that way until the holiday weekend. I will most likely have to work every day this week, but I am supposed to have off next Sunday and Monday. I am hoping so, because Michelangelo will be visiting from Chicago. If the weather holds out, we will even get to go to the Wisconsin State Cow Chip Throw and Festival in Sauk Prairie. It's a thing.

The mail was interesting today. I got a postcard from Cris in Seoul. She and Idris have been traveling in Asia, and I also got a postcard when they were in Vietnam. I gather they are now headed home to Italy.

The mail brought a book order for six copies of the Elijah book and three of the mystery. Hooray!

I also got an ad for in-home care for people on Medicare. Uh, not yet 60, folks! (Although pushing very hard.)

1 comment:

Sunny said...

LOL- I started getting those silly things when I turned 35!!! How's THAT for rushing it?
I'll only be 50 next February!!!