Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Saturday the three of us went to Madison. I bought eight short-sleeve shirts at Savers, our favorite Madison thrift shop.
(The bookmobile is air-conditioned, but only the cab. We wind up sitting out in the heat most of the summer, so I need short sleeves.)
Tom got a few books and a new router (or some such thing) because the old system we relied on for wireless internet in the house is beginning to fail. Peter went by to remind Trader Joe's that he is interested in working there. Then home for Tom to install the new computer stuff, me to run a few errands, Peter to go hang with friends and suchlike.

This (Sunday) morning, after talking to Mama and Daddy on the phone, I balanced (sort of) my checkbook as well as our joint account and paid bills. (The bank insists we have more money in the joint account than I think we do, but I guess that is better than the other way around.) Then I did laundry and more laundry and even more laundry. Because Tom was occupied cleaning up his office, I even ironed my own shirts. Then I put away winter clothes (sweaters, sweatshirts, flannel pajamas, etc.) and got my t-shirts, shorts and flip-flops out of storage. I also put together a large bag of clothes to donate to St. Vincent de Paul.

Soon we will be heading across the road to Peg and Rich's for a cookout. What would a holiday weekend be without something from the grill?

Not sure what happens from there. Memorial Day is a (paid) holiday at the library, so the day will be free. We usually attend the local Memorial Day parade and the service at Bowman Park. Beyond that -- who knows?

Hope you all are having a great time!

No comments: