Saturday, May 22, 2010

Upgrading

When we moved here from Chicago, we brought full-size mattresses, and Tom built platform beds for all three bedrooms. He also built my desk and bookcases as well as most of the other furniture in the house.
This past year, Peter convinced me to get a Tempurpedic mattress topper when they were dramatically on sale at Kohl's. I bought a thin one (I think, maybe just one inch) and it was delightful. Eventually they were on sale again and Tom got one for his bed.

For my birthday, I upgraded. Tom helped me purchase a queen-sized mattress (the one in the photo) and then, while I was at work today, (with a bit of help) he extended my platform bed to accommodate it. The mattress is 10 inches thick (25.4 cm), of which 3 inches (7.6 cm) is memory foam. The cats and I are in heaven!

Peter, who will possibly be moving into his own place later this year, inherits my old mattress topper for now and my old mattress when he needs that for his new digs.

No comments: