Sunday, May 23, 2010

Kids! You gotta love 'em!

The South Central Library System includes the Dells library and 51 others in this part of the state, among them all the libraries in Madison, the state capital. Recently they sponsored a writing contest for adults and children who submitted brief stories about what the library means to them. About a dozen of the grade school children who use our bookmobile entered and four of them won prizes, making us very proud. This particular entry by a fifth grader at Neenah Creek School was my favorite. I think he got extra points for brutal honesty.
I love the bookmobile because it has books for all ages. Also, I like the bookmobile because my favorite series of books, Magic Tree House, is in the bookmobile. I use the bookmobile because the books I read from the bookmobile make a lot of sense. Also, they are handy because I can check out books during class time, but on other days besides Friday I have to stay in for recess to check out a book. Plus the bookmobile has books about sports, which I love, and it takes up school time.
-- Sam Mayer, Kilbourn Public Library & Bookmobile (Wisconsin Dells)

No comments: